Construction or infrastructure projects the City of Hudson is performing to maintain or improve our infrastructure:
Special Assessments for City Projects
City projects are often partially funded by special assessments according to the City’s Special Assessment Policy. Please see below for the City’s Special Assessment Policy as well as forms related to the special assessment payment process. Please contact the City Engineer with any questions regarding these documents.
2021 State Highway 35/2nd Street Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Project
The City is partnering with the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) and the Village of North Hudson to make improvements to State Highway 35 (2nd Street) between Front Street in Hudson and North End Road N in North Hudson. The project involves the following work in the City of Hudson:
- Sanitary sewer replacement and upsizing and spot concrete pavement replacement between Front Street and Coulee Road
- Replacement and upgrade of the traffic signal at Coulee Road intersection
- Mill & overlay, replacement of pedestrian ramps, and crosswalk improvements between Coulee Road and Vine Street
- Reconstruction of underground utilities, pavement, curb & gutter, sidewalks, and poor retaining walls between Vine Street and the Lake Mallalieu Bridge
The links below provide more information on the project.
2020 Sidewalk Replacement Project
The City will be replacing sections of sidewalk and curb & gutter in various spots throughout the City this summer and fall. Construction will entail removing sidewalk and curb & gutter panels, replacing the sidewalk and curb & gutter, and restoration of street pavement and turf related to the concrete work. The links below provide more information on the project.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Update
The City of Hudson Wastewater Treatment Plant, located at 329 Front Street, is currently undergoing construction to update the facility to address age, condition, and extend the life of the facility. Improvements include:
- Modification to existing garage to construct a new pretreatment building
- New Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection building
- Partial demolition of chlorine contact tank
- Updates to equipment and structures in the existing control building, sludge conditioning building, anoxic/aeration tanks, and final clarifiers.