Please contact City Clerk Becky Eggen for questions and clarifications on alcohol licensing issues.
No person shall vend, sell, deal or traffic in or, for the purpose of evading any law or ordinance, give away any intoxicating liquor or fermented malt beverage or cause the same to be done without having procured a license as provided in the City’s Municipal Code.
An application for a license to sell or deal in intoxicating liquor shall be made in writing on the form prescribed by law and shall be sworn to by the applicant as provided by W.S.A. §§ 887.01 to 887.03 and shall be filed with the Clerk not less than 15 days prior to the granting of such license, except that applications for a temporary license issued under Wis. Statute § 125.26(6) for an event lasting less than four days and any operator’s license applications associated with said temporary license application shall be filed with the Clerk not less than five business days prior to the granting of said license.
To qualify for Class "B" beer and "Class C" wine licenses, the premises must be licensed as a restaurant, with the principal business of the establishment being the furnishing of food under the restaurant permit.
Current License Period
- The current license period is July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023.
- Renewals are being accepted for the period of July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024.
ANNUAL RENEWAL PACKET FORMS
New License - Required Forms
- Contact Information Form (PDF)
- Wisconsin Sellers Permit - A copy of your current seller's permit is required.
- A copy of the agent's photo ID must be enclosed for the police background check.
- Original New Licensee Packet
- Application for Temporary Class "B" Retailer’s License (PDF)
- Operator (Bartender) License Application (PDF)
- Alcohol License Renewal Application (PDF)
Change In Business
- Auxiliary Questionnaire (PDF) and Authorization for release of information (PDF) - Complete each form if there has been a change in the membership of the company. Each new member must complete a Questionnaire and an Authorization.
- Schedule for Appointment of Agent (PDF), Authorization for release of information (PDF) and Supplement to Schedule for Appointment of Agent (PDF) - Complete the Schedule and Authorization if there has been a change in agent for the business.
- Chapter 145 of the City’s Municipal Code.
- Ordinance 3-14 regarding breweries, wineries, brewpubs, and distilleries (PDF)
- Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers (PDF)
- Wisconsin Statutes Chapter 125 Alcohol Beverage
- Wisconsin Statutes Section 125.32 Operator Licenses
Available Liquor Licenses
There are no liquor licenses available for new applicants at this time.