Construction or infrastructure projects the City of Hudson is performing to maintain or improve our infrastructure:
Special Assessments for City Projects
City projects are often partially funded by special assessments according to the City’s Special Assessment Policy. Please see below for the City’s Special Assessment Policy as well as forms related to the special assessment payment process. Please contact the City Engineer with any questions regarding these documents.
Replacement of Heggen Street Bridge Over Interstate 94 and Reconstruction of 11th Street/Coulee Road and Heggen Street/Crest View Drive Intersections
The City of Hudson is currently studying replacing the Heggen Street bridge over Interstate 94 and reconstructing the adjacent intersections or adding a new bridge over Interstate 94 to the west of the existing bridge. The City has been holding some public informational meetings, and the presentation information for those meetings is provided in the links below. Please contact Dean Chamberlain, City Engineer, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments regarding the study information.
- Public Engagement Presentation
- Alternative 1 - Expanded Signal
- Alternative 2 - Roundabouts
- Alternative 3 - New Bridge to the West
- Heggen Street Presentation Video
- Alternative 1 - Expanded Signal Video Presentation
- Alternative 2 - Roundabouts Video Presentation
- Alternative 3 - New Bridge to the West Video Presentation
2020 Sidewalk Replacement Project
The City will be replacing sections of sidewalk and curb & gutter in various spots throughout the City this summer and fall. Construction will entail removing sidewalk and curb & gutter panels, replacing the sidewalk and curb & gutter, and restoration of street pavement and turf related to the concrete work. The links below provide more information on the project.
Wastewater Treatment Plant Facility Update
The City of Hudson Wastewater Treatment Plant, located at 329 Front Street, is currently undergoing construction to update the facility to address age, condition, and extend the life of the facility. Improvements include:
- Modification to existing garage to construct a new pretreatment building
- New Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection building
- Partial demolition of chlorine contact tank
- Updates to equipment and structures in the existing control building, sludge conditioning building, anoxic/aeration tanks, and final clarifiers.